Friday, September 14, 2007

from whence i came




my name is seymour. i am from peru.
i came to america in september of 2007. the journey was long and arduous. and very dark. i admit, i was a bit scared. i was smuggled into the country in a great big duffel bag, along with many of my brothers and sisters. the lady who brought us here was named amy. after our arrival she transferred me to a smaller bag and took me to a place called mcmenemin's. i remember peeking out of the bag and seeing green signs. they read: n.e. 15th and n.e. broadway. the next thing i remember was amy's hand reaching into the bag and pulling me out.
we were in a restaurant. there were other people there with us. they were very nice and looked rather pleased to see me. i felt a bit shy. amy handed me to the girl and everybody smiled and oohed and ahhed. the conversation went on and they ate and drank and laughed.
when we left there, i went with the new people. their names are zack and sarah. sarah carried me down to the car. and then i thought they might leave me in the car. i didn't want them to leave me alone - we were having such a nice time. but i can't talk. i can only type.
but they didn't leave me! they took me to a place called peet's coffee and tea. it was just across the street. they drank coffee and talked some more. sarah petted me a lot. and zack took pictures of me. (this one's of me a sarah.)

they made grand plans. and then they gave me a name.
they even let me drink a bit of sarah's latte.

it was really good.

and that's how i came to america. and how i came to be seymour.
and this is my blog.

No comments: