Tuesday, October 30, 2007

capitals and capitols

Zack has been trying to teach me how to use capital letters. this is very hard for me, since i am so small and the keyboard is so big. usually i can only reach a few of the letters while i'm pressing on the shift button. I can easily reach QAZWSXCD and POLKMNJ. the j and the d are hard to reach. g and h are very very hard but I will try. h'es also teaching me when to use them. he said that capital letters go at the beginning of a sentence and at the beginning of someone's name. Also for I and for names of places. but only the first letter. Like: Mississippi. (I like that word.)

I think I will be very strong when can write properly. but I will probably take a while to get there.

oh, and i learned that "capital" can mean lots of things. it can mean the top of a column (which is a pillar). or it can mean a lot of money used to start something like a business or buying a house or big projects like that. it also means the city where the government is. i learned that every state we pass through has a city that is it's 'capital'.. but then i also learned that there's a word 'capitol'.. it sounds the same as capital, but it's different. A capitol is the building where the government meets. So every state capital has a capitol building.

No comments: